The aim of the course is to provide detailed knowledge of the wine regions of the world. The course also introduces the spirit industry, the method of making sparkling wines and the emerging fortified wines industry. Students will experience in-depth wine tastings on each lecture, where they will be able to identify grape variety, wine style, quality and potential.
The program provides insight into the following fields:
- Professional Wine Tasting
- Viticulture and Vinification
- Wine regulations, labeling terms
- Old world wine regions (France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany)
- New world wine regions (North America, South America, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand)
- Champagne and other sparkling winemaking regions
- Fortified wines
- The spirits industry
Please contact us for further details or a sample training session in your area.